Winter weather mix headed to Bladen County
The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Winter Storm Watch… which is in effect from Tuesday afternoon through Thursday morning.
* Locations… non-coastal counties of southeast North Carolina as well as inland Horry County in South Carolina.
* Hazard types… a snow and sleet mix Tuesday into Tuesday night will change to freezing rain on Wednesday.
* Accumulations… snow accumulation of up to 1 inch… along with around a tenth to a quarter of an inch of ice.
* Ice accumulations… around a tenth of an inch except up to a quarter inch over the far western portions of Bladen… Columbus and Horry counties. * Snow accumulations… up to 1 inch except 1 to 2 inches over Bladen County.
* Timing… a snow and sleet mix Tuesday and Tuesday night will change to freezing rain on Wednesday.
* Impacts… travel will become hazardous Tuesday and Tuesday night as snow and sleet accumulates on area roads. As the precipitation changes to freezing rain Wednesday morning… travel will become even more dangerous.
* Winds… north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures… in the lower to mid 30s.
Precautionary/preparedness actions… A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow… sleet… or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices