— The Mt. Olive Mass Choir will be having “Joy Night” service at 6 p.m. at Mt. Olive AME Zion Church, located at 32 Mt. Olive Road in Elizabethtown. We are inviting everyone to come for a joyous evening.
— The 10th annual Carvers Creek Community Reunion and May Day Celebration will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Carvers Creek Community Baltimore Center. There will be a parade including horses, four-wheelers, antique cars, motorcycles, family cars, dune buggies, fire trucks and more; lots of food; games; and activities for all ages. The highlight will be the wrapping of the May Pole.
• New Hope Missionary Baptist Church (Lisbon Community) is sponsoring a trip to Amish Country, Lancaster, Pa. to enjoy the Live Bible production, JONAH. For more info, please call Mary at 910-645-6464. We have a waiting list with minimum seating available.
• At Piney Grove Missionary Baptist Church in Council at 11 a.m., Elder Charles Simpson and St. James United Holy Church will be the guest. At 3:30 p.m., Reginald A. Wells and the Falling Run Missionary Baptist Church Family of the Cedar Creek area in Fayetteville will be the guests. The church will be celebrating the 15th pastoral anniversary for the Rev. Carl A. Smith. For more information contact Jewell Smith at 910-862-2989.
• Women’s Day will be observed at Piney Grove Missionary Baptist Church in Council at 11 a.m. The Rev. Pearly Graham-Hoskins and Tabernacle Believers Holiness Church of Council will be the guest. Everyone is invited to attend. For more information contact Mrs. Jewell Smith at 910-862-2989.
— Mount Hebron AME Zion Church in Bladenboro will host “100 Women and Men in White” at its 11 a.m. service. The theme will be “On the Move for Christ.” The guest speaker will be Minister Latonya W. Evans from Raleigh. The public is invited.
Out of county
• None listed
• I Am Inc. in conjunction with God’s Garden of Paradise Inc. will offer every month free meals and free haircuts. For more information check with Glenda’s Just Desserts and Lunch Counter located at 315 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown and Barbers Inn located at 410 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown.
• College Small Group will meet from 6 until 7 p.m. (ages 18 to 23) followed by AMPED Student Ministry worship service from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. each Sunday night at Dublin First Baptist Church. The upbeat worship service will be lead by our student ministry band, and include drama, and deep Biblical teaching.
• Dublin First Baptist Church Day School is now accepting registration for 2, 3, & 4 years old half-day classes. Call 910-862-2277 or 910-876-0419 for more information.
• Living Springs Church holds a Women’s Fellowship every fourth Sunday evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 909 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown.
• I Am Inc. will offer a free yard sale. Open day and night located at 900 block of Peanut Plant Road, Elizabethtown.
• A Power In The Word Ministry Bible study will take place every Thursday from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m. at your location by phone. Call 605-475-4120 and join in (ID number – 3390591#). The teacher is Sis Vivian Caviness Wiggins.