— A community yard sale will be held at Lasley’s Motel, located at 1930 White Lake Drive in White Lake, from 8 a.m. until? For sale will be various items from the historic Lasley’s Motel and cottages, household goods, appliances, furniture and much more. Proceeds will benefit the White Lake Christian Camp and Retreat Center.
— First Baptist Church, located at 521 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Bladenboro, celebrates the 104th church anniversary at 11 a.m. The speaker for the occasion will be Pastor Gregory D. Taylor. Call 910-863-3575 or 910-258-2377.
— An open house will be held at the White Lake Christian Camp and Retreat Center from 2 to 4 p.m. The public is invited.
— White’s Creek Missionary Baptist Church, located at 6838 Airport Road in the Lisbon community, will host a homecoming with morning services, followed by dinner and an afternoon service at 3:30 p.m. (with the Rev. Q. Jimmel Williamson and Pleasant Union in charge). For information call Laurine Murchison at 910-645-6171.
— The Mt. Elam Missionary Baptist Church, located on Hwy. 210 West in Garland, will celebrate its annual Homecoming Service during the 11 a.m. service. Lunch will be served. There will be no afternoon program.
— The North Carolina Theological Seminary of Bladen County open house wolil be held at 7 p.m. The seminary is located at Baldwin Branch Missionary Baptist Church, 4047 N.C. 242 South in Elizabethtow. Contact numbers for additional information are 910-990-1892 or 910-872-4726.
— A benefit for the Rev. Danny Lewis will be held at the White Oak Community Civic Club from 4:30 to 7 p.m. The event will include a steak plate sale for $12.50 per plate, as well as a silent auction. Tickets are available at Cain’s Grill and local churches.
— The public is invited to a Choir Celebration at 6 p.m., hosted by White’s Creek Baptist Church, located at 6838 Airport Road in the Lisbon and White’s Creek communities. The event will celebrate The Voices of Praise 31sy anniversary.
— Baker’s Creek AME Zion Church, located at 646 Center Road in Elizabethtown, will celebrate its 155th anniversary during its morning worship service at 11 a.m. Lunch will be served immediately after the service. Then at 3 p.m., the Rev. Charlrean Batten Mapson and the St. Mark AME Zion Church of Whiteville will render a special service. All friends, family and neighboring churches are invited.
Sept. 29-Oct. 1
— Mt. Zion AME Zion Church Women’s Weekend — RECOVERY Women’s Conference doors open at 6 p.m. at Bladen Community College. Worship is at 7 p.m. Anyone with questions call 910-247-6579, text or email to Womensministry@mtzionamezion.org or check out our website at www.mtzionamezion.org
Out of county
• LUMBERTON: Michael Combs will be at Kingdom Place on Sunday morning, Sept. 3, for an Anniversary Concert in the 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. services. Kingdom Place is located at 2610 E. Fifth Street in Lumberton.
• HARRELLS: Harmony Independent Presbyterian Church will host a non-denominational Full Gospel Tent Revival at Kerr Station (7640 Wildcat Road) from Oct. 3-6. The event will take place 6:30 p.m. to sunset each day. Ministers from across Southeastern North Carolina attending include Jim Owen, Tim Evans, Jonathan Hill and Tim Reaves.
• WHITEVILLE: “From Our Family To Yourz,” a non-profit organization, is sponsoring a Cancer Tea on Saturday, Sept. 30, from 5 to 8 p.m. to honor cancer survivors and pay tribute to those who have passed away due to cancer. This event will be held at the Brunswick Waccamaw Association Building, located at 600 Pine Log Roa in Whiteville. Katrina Boykin, Baldwin Branch Missionary Baptist Church’s First Lady, is the mistress of ceremony. There is also a Uniform Xchange Closet in which donated school uniforms are received and provided to needy families at no cost. The highlight of the evening features Ms. Anna Moore Freeman, motivational speaker and breast cancer survivor.
• I Am Inc. in conjunction with God’s Garden of Paradise Inc. will offer every month free meals and free haircuts. For more information check with Glenda’s Just Desserts and Lunch Counter located at 315 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown and Barbers Inn located at 410 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown.
• College Small Group will meet from 6 until 7 p.m. (ages 18 to 23) followed by AMPED Student Ministry worship service from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. each Sunday night at Dublin First Baptist Church. The upbeat worship service will be lead by our student ministry band, and include drama, and deep Biblical teaching.
• Dublin First Baptist Church Day School is now accepting registration for 2, 3, & 4 years old half-day classes. Call 910-862-2277 or 910-876-0419 for more information.
• Living Springs Church holds a Women’s Fellowship every fourth Sunday evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 909 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown.
• I Am Inc. will offer a free yard sale. Open day and night located at 900 block of Peanut Plant Road, Elizabethtown.
• A Power In The Word Ministry Bible study will take place every Thursday from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m. at your location by phone. Call 605-475-4120 and join in (ID number – 3390591#). The teacher is Sis Vivian Caviness Wiggins.