— The public is invited to a Choir Celebration at 6 p.m., hosted by White’s Creek Baptist Church, located at 6838 Airport Road in the Lisbon and White’s Creek communities. The event will celebrate The Voices of Praise 31st anniversary.
— The Ladies Auxiliary of Bethel Holiness Church will host a spaghetti lunch and silent auction in the Fellowship Hall. Lunch is 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; the silent auction is 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch plates are $7 with take-out available. The church is located at 204 Bethel St. in Bladenboro.
— Baker’s Creek AME Zion Church, located at 646 Center Road in Elizabethtown, will celebrate its 155th anniversary during its morning worship service at 11 a.m. Lunch will be served immediately after the service. Then at 3 p.m., the Rev. Charlrean Batten Mapson and the St. Mark AME Zion Church of Whiteville will render a special service. All friends, family and neighboring churches are invited.
— Mount Hebron African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church in Bladenboro will celebrating Pastor Appreciation Day at 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be minister Latonya Evans from Agape International Church in Raleigh. Everyone is invited.
— St. John AME Zion Church will celebrate its 123rd Homecoming service with morning worship at 10 a.m. followed by lunch and afternoon service at 3 p.m.
— Trinity United Methodist Men’s Club will host its annual lobster sale. Fresh Maine lobsters will be shipped to the church for the event. Cost is $25 for live lobsters and cooked lobsters. Orders must be made and paid for by today. Pickup will be Sept. 21 between 4 and 6 p.m. at the church, located on West Broad Street in Elizabethtown.
— Sandhill Missionary Baptist Church will host the church’s 108th anniversary with a homecoming celebration beginning with the 11 a.m. worship service. Pastor Donald Thompson will deliver the message. At 3:30 p.m., Pastor Jerry McDowell of New Zion MBC of Riegelwood will conduct the service. Due to remodeling, a special lunch will be served at a later date.
— Revival service will be held at Mt. Olive A.M.E. Zion Church nightly at 7 p.m. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Otis McMillan, director of the Bureau of Evangelism of AME Zion Church. Come one, come all.
Sept. 29-Oct. 1
— Mt. Zion AME Zion Church Women’s Weekend — RECOVERY Women’s Conference doors open at 6 p.m. at Bladen Community College. Worship is at 7 p.m. Anyone with questions call 910-247-6579, text or email to Womensministry@mtzionamezion.org or check out our website at www.mtzionamezion.org
Out of county
• LUMBERTON: The Anchormen will be at Kingdom Place on Sunday, Sept. 17, during the 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. services. Kingdom Place is located at 2610 E. Fifth St. in Lumberton.
• HARRELLS: Harmony Independent Presbyterian Church will host a non-denominational Full Gospel Tent Revival at Kerr Station (7640 Wildcat Road) from Oct. 3-6. The event will take place 6:30 p.m. to sunset each day. Ministers from across Southeastern North Carolina attending include Jim Owen, Tim Evans, Jonathan Hill and Tim Reaves.
• WHITEVILLE: “From Our Family To Yourz,” a non-profit organization, is sponsoring a Cancer Tea on Saturday, Sept. 30, from 5 to 8 p.m. to honor cancer survivors and pay tribute to those who have passed away due to cancer. This event will be held at the Brunswick Waccamaw Association Building, located at 600 Pine Log Roa in Whiteville. Katrina Boykin, Baldwin Branch Missionary Baptist Church’s First Lady, is the mistress of ceremony. There is also a Uniform Xchange Closet in which donated school uniforms are received and provided to needy families at no cost. The highlight of the evening features Ms. Anna Moore Freeman, motivational speaker and breast cancer survivor.
• I Am Inc. in conjunction with God’s Garden of Paradise Inc. will offer every month free meals and free haircuts. For more information check with Glenda’s Just Desserts and Lunch Counter located at 315 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown and Barbers Inn located at 410 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown.
• College Small Group will meet from 6 until 7 p.m. (ages 18 to 23) followed by AMPED Student Ministry worship service from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. each Sunday night at Dublin First Baptist Church. The upbeat worship service will be lead by our student ministry band, and include drama, and deep Biblical teaching.
• Dublin First Baptist Church Day School is now accepting registration for 2, 3, & 4 years old half-day classes. Call 910-862-2277 or 910-876-0419 for more information.
• Living Springs Church holds a Women’s Fellowship every fourth Sunday evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 909 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown.
• I Am Inc. will offer a free yard sale. Open day and night located at 900 block of Peanut Plant Road, Elizabethtown.
• A Power In The Word Ministry Bible study will take place every Thursday from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m. at your location by phone. Call 605-475-4120 and join in (ID number – 3390591#). The teacher is Sis Vivian Caviness Wiggins.