After hearing about the “Adopt a Cop” initiative in Concord, we (a group of spouses and citizens) have come together and are making it happen for our local law enforcement officers. We are making sure that every Bladen County officer is “adopted.”
With all the negativity towards law enforcement in the last couple of weeks, we know there is still soooo much good in this world and because of that we’re diving in and going t…o shine some positivity on the ladies and gentlemen in uniform in our community — but, WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
We are looking for about 100 local people/families/businesses to help Adopt a Bladen County Cop!! Our goal is for each law enforcement officer in Bladen County to receive a personalized appreciation letter and a tangible gift around $20.00. If you’re interested in adopting a cop, please contact Melonie Knight Davis. Also, please share this so we can spread the word.
Here’s how it will work:
– Let Melonie Knight Davis know you’re interested
– You will be supplied with an officer’s name
– You write them an appreciation letter or thank-you note
– You spend about $20 on a gift for them (a giftcard, a goody basket, etc.)
– We meet up or determine a drop-off location for the goodies on or before Thursday, July 28.
– We will bring all the items to the local departments (Bladen County Sheriff’s Office, Bladenboro Police Department, Elizabethtown Police Department, State Highway Patrol, and White Lake Police Department) and hand deliver them on Friday, July 29.
Thank you all in advance … we love our law enforcement officers in Bladen County and appreciate you showing your love and support for them also.