— The ushers of St. John AME Zion Church will hold their annual Usher Anniversary Service at 3 p.m. The Rev. Ronald Miller and the St. James AME Zion Church in Goldsboro will be the guest church. The public is invited to attend. The Rev. Michael Ballard is the hosting pastor.
— Baker’s Creek African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, located at 656 Center Road in Dublin, will host Lesene Day during the 11 a.m. service. Speaker will be Elder Alphonza Lesene from Killeen, Texas, who is the son of Jannie Mae Lowe and the late Murray Lesene of Warsaw. All Lesene kin are welcome. A $25 donation to the church’s building endeavor will be asked that morning. Dinner will be served at the Dublin Lion’s Club immediately after the morning service.
— The Pastor’s Aide Committee of Sandhill Missionary Baptist Church in Bladenboro will spearhead their pastor’s anniversary celebration starting at 11 a.m. with Pastor Carol Smith of Piney Grove Missionary Baptist Church as the special guest. At 3:30 p.m., Pastor David Flowers and Central Missionary Baptist Church of Whiteville will conduct the service. Dinner will be served between the two services.
— The missionaries of Sandhill Missionary Baptist Church in Bladenboro will take the lead in celebrating “Woman’s Day.” All women in the congregation are urged to wear white and the men will wear aprons and serve them during the meal.
— The Shepherd Support Ministry of Baldwin Branch Missionary Baptist Church will host the fifth inaugural anniversary celebrations for the Rev. Louie Boykin and First Lady Katrina Boykin. A special banquet will be held 6 p.m. at the Regal Venue; 1564 White Lake Drive in White Lake. Guest speaker will be Bishop Varnie N. Fullwood, pastor of Mt. Pleasant Missionary Baptist Church in Clinton.
— Sandhill Missionary Baptist Church of Bladenboro wlil celebrate the birthdays of July, August and September during the morning service.
— As part of its anniversary celebration, Baldwin Branch Missionary Church will host Elder Billy Thompson of St, James FBHC in Elizabethtown and its choir at 7 p.m.
— As part of its anniversary celebration, Baldwin Branch Missionary Church will host Elder Christopher Brown Jr. of Holy Tabernacle UHC and its choir of Roseboro at 7 p.m.
— As part of its anniversary celebration, Baldwin Branch Missionary Church will host the Rev. A. Reginald Wells of Falling Run Missionary Baptist Church and its choir of Fayetteville at 7 p.m.
— Galeed Baptist Church, located at 571 Galeed Church Road in Bladenboro, will host “New Dove Brothers & Carolina Homecoming” at 7 p.m. featuring The Dover Brothers and Jordan’s Bridge. No tickets required.
Out of county
• July 8: Christian Plain AME Zion Church, located at 1960 Jenkins Road in Whiteville, will host a “Gospel Unity Program” at 6 p.m. Several choirs will appear during the event. All are welcome.
• I Am Inc. in conjunction with God’s Garden of Paradise Inc. will offer every month free meals and free haircuts. For more information check with Glenda’s Just Desserts and Lunch Counter located at 315 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown and Barbers Inn located at 410 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown.
• College Small Group will meet from 6 until 7 p.m. (ages 18 to 23) followed by AMPED Student Ministry worship service from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. each Sunday night at Dublin First Baptist Church. The upbeat worship service will be lead by our student ministry band, and include drama, and deep Biblical teaching.
• Dublin First Baptist Church Day School is now accepting registration for 2, 3, & 4 years old half-day classes. Call 910-862-2277 or 910-876-0419 for more information.
• Living Springs Church holds a Women’s Fellowship every fourth Sunday evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 909 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown.
• I Am Inc. will offer a free yard sale. Open day and night located at 900 block of Peanut Plant Road, Elizabethtown.
• A Power In The Word Ministry Bible study will take place every Thursday from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m. at your location by phone. Call 605-475-4120 and join in (ID number – 3390591#). The teacher is Sis Vivian Caviness Wiggins.
Vacation Bible School
— Center Road Baptist Church: Will be held Sunday, June 25, to Thursday, June 29. Meal begins at 5:30 p.m. and worship begins at 6:15 p.m. Conclusion will be at 8:45 p.m. There will also be adult classes.
— Victory Babptist Church: Will be held for children age 4 through the seventh grade Sunday, July 16, through Friday, July 21, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The theme will be Operation Arctic: Exploring the Coolest Book on the Planet. There will be Bible stories, games, snow cones, and lots of fun! An interpreter for the deaf/hearing impaired will be available. Victory Baptist Church is located at 2012 S. Madison St. in Whiteville (one-half mile south of Walmart). For further information call 642-3500.
— Hickory Grove Baptist Church: Discover the incredible mysteries of the final frontier — right from your own backyard. Your telescope becomes a portal through which you encounter amazing and wonderful things designed by a Creator who is even bigger than the vastness of His creation. But the most amazing wonder to be discovered truly boggles the mind. The God who created everything there is — the knowable and the unknowable, the visible and the invisible — wants a relationship with you! And from the very beginning, God had a plan to restore the relationship He knew we would break. Join us June 23-28 at 6:30 p.m. nightly. A light supper will be served, and classes are available for kids aged baby-high school. Contact Karen Davis at 910-876-0136 for more information. Pre-registration is required. The church is located at 6414 Center Road, Bladenboro.