— A benefit for the Rev. Danny Lewis will be held at the White Oak Community Civic Club from 4:30 to 7 p.m. The event will include a steak plate sale for $12.50 per plate, as well as a silent auction. Tickets are available at Cain’s Grill and local churches.
—First Missionary Baptist Church, of 501 Martin Street in Elizabethtown, will be celebrating its annual homecoming at 11 a.m. with special guests Rev. Carl Smith and the Piney Grove Missionary Baptist Church family. They “want to see your face in this place.”
— The public is invited to a Choir Celebration at 6 p.m., hosted by White’s Creek Baptist Church, located at 6838 Airport Road in the Lisbon and White’s Creek communities. The event will celebrate The Voices of Praise 31st anniversary.
— The Ladies Auxiliary of Bethel Holiness Church will host a spaghetti lunch and silent auction in the Fellowship Hall. Lunch is 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; the silent auction is 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch plates are $7 with take-out available. The church is located at 204 Bethel St. in Bladenboro.
— Baker’s Creek AME Zion Church, located at 646 Center Road in Elizabethtown, will celebrate its 155th anniversary during its morning worship service at 11 a.m. Lunch will be served immediately after the service. Then at 3 p.m., the Rev. Charlrean Batten Mapson and the St. Mark AME Zion Church of Whiteville will render a special service. All friends, family and neighboring churches are invited.
— Sandhill Missionary Baptist Church will host the church’s 108th anniversary with a homecoming celebration beginning with the 11 a.m. worship service. Pastor Donald Thompson will deliver the message. At 3:30 p.m., Pastor Jerry McDowell of New Zion MBC of Riegelwood will conduct the service. Due to remodeling, a special lunch will be served at a later date.
Sept. 29-Oct. 1
— Mt. Zion AME Zion Church Women’s Weekend — RECOVERY Women’s Conference doors open at 6 p.m. at Bladen Community College. Worship is at 7 p.m. Anyone with questions call 910-247-6579, text or email to Womensministry@mtzionamezion.org or check out our website at www.mtzionamezion.org
Out of county
• LUMBERTON: Michael Combs will be at Kingdom Place on Sunday morning, Sept. 3, for an Anniversary Concert in the 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. services. Kingdom Place is located at 2610 E. Fifth Street in Lumberton.
• HARRELLS: Harmony Independent Presbyterian Church will host a non-denominational Full Gospel Tent Revival at Kerr Station (7640 Wildcat Road) from Oct. 3-6. The event will take place 6:30 p.m. to sunset each day. Ministers from across Southeastern North Carolina attending include Jim Owen, Tim Evans, Jonathan Hill and Tim Reaves.
• WHITEVILLE: “From Our Family To Yourz,” a non-profit organization, is sponsoring a Cancer Tea on Saturday, Sept. 30, from 5 to 8 p.m. to honor cancer survivors and pay tribute to those who have passed away due to cancer. This event will be held at the Brunswick Waccamaw Association Building, located at 600 Pine Log Roa in Whiteville. Katrina Boykin, Baldwin Branch Missionary Baptist Church’s First Lady, is the mistress of ceremony. There is also a Uniform Xchange Closet in which donated school uniforms are received and provided to needy families at no cost. The highlight of the evening features Ms. Anna Moore Freeman, motivational speaker and breast cancer survivor.
• I Am Inc. in conjunction with God’s Garden of Paradise Inc. will offer every month free meals and free haircuts. For more information check with Glenda’s Just Desserts and Lunch Counter located at 315 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown and Barbers Inn located at 410 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown.
• College Small Group will meet from 6 until 7 p.m. (ages 18 to 23) followed by AMPED Student Ministry worship service from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. each Sunday night at Dublin First Baptist Church. The upbeat worship service will be lead by our student ministry band, and include drama, and deep Biblical teaching.
• Dublin First Baptist Church Day School is now accepting registration for 2, 3, & 4 years old half-day classes. Call 910-862-2277 or 910-876-0419 for more information.
• Living Springs Church holds a Women’s Fellowship every fourth Sunday evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 909 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown.
• I Am Inc. will offer a free yard sale. Open day and night located at 900 block of Peanut Plant Road, Elizabethtown.
• A Power In The Word Ministry Bible study will take place every Thursday from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m. at your location by phone. Call 605-475-4120 and join in (ID number – 3390591#). The teacher is Sis Vivian Caviness Wiggins.