— Tar Heel Baptist Church, located at 521 Tar Heel Ferry Road in Tar Heel, will host its annual Homecoming beginning at 10:30 a.m. with an outdoor worship service. There will also be free food, inflatables and fun for the whole family. Bring your own lawn chairs if wanted.
— Piney Grove Missionary Baptist Church of Council will celebrate Harvest Day at 11 a.m. The Rev. Carl A. Smith will bring the morning message. Everyone is invited.
— A Women’s Empowerment Luncheon will be held at the Paul R. Brown Building on MLK Street in Elizabethtown starting at 11 a.m. The theme will be “Piece’s of God’s Dream.” Several speakers are on the agenda. Cost is $7 and the deadline for tickets is Nov. 5. The event will be hosted by Pastor Lorraine Jackson.
— Let’s Celebrate! Greater McKoy’s Chapel, Inc. (284 Center Rd. Dublin), where Dr. Delora LeSane is the pastor, will be celebrating its 7th church anniversary at 6 p.m. Pastor Apostle Dr. Ellie M. Baker, of True Believers Church of the Almighty God in Lumberton, will be the guest preacher. All are invited to join in this celebration.
— The Ushers of Mt. Olive A.M.E. Zion Church and the Rev. Haywood Oliver will have their anniversary at 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Charles Jacobs from First Baptist Church in Riegelwood along with his choir. Everyone is invited.
— Come on Come all to our Four Seasons Extravaganza on November 18 @ 3pm with the guest speaker being Pastor Willie “Cornbread” Lewis Jr of Durham Nc… Elizabethtown Deliverance Evangelistic Center 412-A Peanut Plant Rd Elizabethtown… EDEC is under the leadership of Apostle Allen Skinner.. Free food and fellowship… We are accepting donations… Please come and be blessed.
— The Mt. Olive Mass Choir, Mt. Olive A.M.E. Zion Church and the Rev. Haywood Oliver will be celebrating the 50th Choir Anniversary/Reunion at 3 p.m. A host of choirs are on program and also featuring former choir members. Everyone is invited.
— White Oak Family Worship Center will host its fourth annual oyster roast under the pavilion, located at 1932 Burney Road in White Oak. Cost is $35 per person for all-you-can eat oysters as well as shrimp, fish, chicken bog and hushpuppies. There will be a bazaar from 4 to 8 p.m. with a variety of craft vendors; there will be live music from 6 to 8 p.m. Sponsored by the Children & Youth Department. For tickets, information and booth rentals, call 910-866-5343 or 910-229-6276.
Out of county
• NONE LISTED
• I Am Inc. in conjunction with God’s Garden of Paradise Inc. will offer every month free meals and free haircuts. For more information check with Glenda’s Just Desserts and Lunch Counter located at 315 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown and Barbers Inn located at 410 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown.
• Dublin First Baptist Church Day School is now accepting registration for 2, 3, & 4 years old half-day classes. Call 910-862-2277 or 910-876-0419 for more information.
• Living Springs Church holds a Women’s Fellowship every fourth Sunday evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 909 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown.
• I Am Inc. will offer a free yard sale. Open day and night located at 900 block of Peanut Plant Road, Elizabethtown.
• A Power In The Word Ministry Bible study will take place every Thursday from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m. at your location by phone. Call 605-475-4120 and join in (ID number – 3390591#). The teacher is Sis Vivian Caviness Wiggins.