— A Women’s Empowerment Luncheon will be held at the Paul R. Brown Building on MLK Street in Elizabethtown starting at 11 a.m. The theme will be “Piece’s of God’s Dream.” Several speakers are on the agenda. Cost is $7 and the deadline for tickets is Nov. 5. The event will be hosted by Pastor Lorraine Jackson.
— Let’s Celebrate! Greater McKoy’s Chapel, Inc. (284 Center Rd. Dublin), where Dr. Delora LeSane is the pastor, will be celebrating its 7th church anniversary at 6 p.m. Pastor Apostle Dr. Ellie M. Baker, of True Believers Church of the Almighty God in Lumberton, will be the guest preacher. All are invited to join in this celebration.
— The Ushers of Mt. Olive A.M.E. Zion Church and the Rev. Haywood Oliver will have their anniversary at 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Charles Jacobs from First Baptist Church in Riegelwood along with his choir. Everyone is invited.
— The Mt. Olive Mass Choir, Mt. Olive A.M.E. Zion Church and the Rev. Haywood Oliver will be celebrating the 50th Choir Anniversary/Reunion at 3 p.m. A host of choirs are on program and also featuring former choir members. Everyone is invited.
— White Oak Family Worship Center will host its fourth annual oyster roast under the pavilion, located at 1932 Burney Road in White Oak. Cost is $35 per person for all-you-can eat oysters as well as shrimp, fish, chicken bog and hushpuppies. There will be a bazaar from 4 to 8 p.m. with a variety of craft vendors; there will be live music from 6 to 8 p.m. Sponsored by the Children & Youth Department. For tickets, information and booth rentals, call 910-866-5343 or 910-229-6276.
— Kitchen Branch Missionary Baptist Church, located at 2058 Baltimore Road in Council, will host a “100 Women in Red” event at 3:30 p.m. Guest speakers will include Katrina Boykins, Pastor Nikki Steven and First Lady Deborah Gause. Refreshments will be served. Men are also welcome.
Out of county
• LAKE WACCAMAW: Union Baptist Church of the St. James Community will host a pre-Thanksgiving celebration on Nov. 19 at 3 p.m. Pastor Harrison Branch of Rehobeth AME Zion Church in Clarkton will be the speaker. The public is invited.
• WHITEVILLE: On Nov. 12, Victory Baptist Church of Whiteville will be holding a family conference. The material covered will be “Hope and Help for Every Family” and everyone is invited. There will be something for children, teens and adults. Marsh and Gretchen Fant from Easley, S.C., will be speaking at the conference. There is no cost for the conference. It will be interpreted for the deaf and a nursery will be provided. The church is located at 2012 S. Madison St. (one-half mile south of Walmart). The first session will begin at 9:45 a.m. followed by the 11 a.m. service. There will be a free barbeque and covered dish meal for lunch. The 6 p.m. session will be a split session — men and boys will be taught by Marsh Fant and Gretchen Fant will teach the ladies and girls. For information, call the church office at 910-642-3500.
• I Am Inc. in conjunction with God’s Garden of Paradise Inc. will offer every month free meals and free haircuts. For more information check with Glenda’s Just Desserts and Lunch Counter located at 315 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown and Barbers Inn located at 410 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown.
• Dublin First Baptist Church Day School is now accepting registration for 2, 3, & 4 years old half-day classes. Call 910-862-2277 or 910-876-0419 for more information.
• Living Springs Church holds a Women’s Fellowship every fourth Sunday evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 909 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown.
• I Am Inc. will offer a free yard sale. Open day and night located at 900 block of Peanut Plant Road, Elizabethtown.
• A Power In The Word Ministry Bible study will take place every Thursday from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m. at your location by phone. Call 605-475-4120 and join in (ID number – 3390591#). The teacher is Sis Vivian Caviness Wiggins.