— The officers and members of Piney Grove Missionary Baptist Church in Council will host a Pre-Pastoral Anniversary “Musical Celebration” for the Rev. Carl A. Smith at 6:30 pm. There will be several choirs, groups and soloists appearing. For information, contact Jewell Smith at 910-862-2989.
— St. John Church will hold a workshop titled “Is Your Bible the Best For For a Walk with the Lord?” at 10 a.m. Sponsored by the Christian Education Department.
— The Baldwin Branch Missionary Baptist Church Young Adult Missionaries (YAMs) are sponsoring a Pack-the-Pew festival starting 9 a.m. with a PTP basketball tournament in the Bladen County Recreation Gym located at 803 W. King St. in Elizabethtown. Special halftime entertainment during the championship game will be by Ricky DD’s Entertainers. Across the street the spring festival begins at 1:30 p.m. behind the Municipal Building; 805 W. Broad St. in Elizabethtown. There will be games, prizes, bounce houses, horse rides, kid fashion (sports costumes), great festival food and entertainment for the entire family.
— Savannah Temple AME Zion Church will host a Joy Night Program at 5 p.m. Several choirs will be appearing on the program. Special guest choir will be The Heavenly Skylights. Everyone is invited. Refreshments will be served.
— St. John Church will host a “Pack the Pew” at the 11 a.m. worship service.
— The Baldwin Branch the Pack-the-Pew morning worship services begin at 9:45 a.m. Invitees are: Pastor Jacqueline Coleman Shiver from Lewis Chapel Missionary Baptist Church of Fayetteville; Pastor Latoya Brewington, Rhema Word Christian Center of Wilson; and Minister Tiffany Legette. Everyone is invited to bring can goods to both events to assist the community in need via da Branch’s “From-His-Table to Yours” food panty.
— Butters Baptist Church in Bladenboro will host a program to discuss the opioid crisis, lock boxes for medications and more starting at 6:30 p.m.
— A National Day of Prayer will be held at the Bladenboro Historical Building at 7 p.m. The public is urged to come and join in.
— The 11th annual Carvers Creek Community Reunion and May Day Celebration will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Baltimore Center, beginning with a parade — including horses, four-wheelers, antique cars, motorcycles, family cars, dirt bikes, fire trucks and more — followed by plenty of food, games and activities for all ages. The highlight of the day will be the wrapping of the May Pole.
— A musical program will be hosted by Clarkton Presbyterian Church at 4 p.m. and contributions will benefit the Matthew 25 Center of Tabor City. The concert, organized by Randy Page, will feature musicians from Bladen and Columbus counties. The Matthew 25 Center of Tabor City is a nonprofit organization created to provide housing for families of incarcerated men and women when they come to visit their loved ones.
— Savannah Temple AME Zion Church will celebrate Women’s Day at 11 a.m. Speaker for the occasion will be Florence S. Brown, presiding elder of the Clarkton District. Dinner will be served after the morning service. Ladies and men are welcome to attend, but the ladies are asked to wear white.
— Piney Grove Missionary Baptist Church in Council will host the 16th Pastoral Anniversary celebration for the Rev. Carl A. Smith. Elder Charles Simpson and St. James United Holy Church will be the morning guests. The afternoon service will begin at 3:30 p.m. with Reginald Wells and Falling Run Missionary Baptist Church of Cedar Creek, Fayetteville, as the guests. We are inviting everyone to come out and help us celebrate. For information, contact Jewell Smith at 910-862-2989.
— Sandhills Missionary Baptist Church in Bladenboro will host its church conference. All members are urged to attend.
— Elder Larry Fulton and Sister Lular Graham will sponsor a spirit-filled celebration featuring the Heavenly Skylights and others at 6 p.m. at Tabernacle Holiness Church in Carvers Creek. Everyone is invited. For information, call Sister Graham at 770-365-9604.
— The ushers of Sandhills Missionary Baptist Church in Bladenboro will celebrate their Ushers’ Anniversary. All members are asked to attend.
— Women’s Day will be observed at Piney Grove Missionary Baptist Church at 11 a.m. The Rev. Rachel Mitchell and the New Hope Missionary Baptist Church family of Clarkton will be the guest. Everyone is invited to attend.
Out of county
• NONE LISTED
• The Baldwin Branch Missionary Baptist Church clothes closet will be open on the last Saturday of each month (November and December dates are the third Saturday) from 8 to 11 a.m. The food pantry, “From His Table to Yours,” will be open the same day from 10 a.m. to noon. Personal transportations and identifications are required. No fee is involved in either ministry. Baldwin Branch is located at 4047 N.C. 242 South in Elizabethtown.
• Celebrate Recovery, a Christ-centered 12-step recovery ministry, is held on Sunday’s from 6 to 8:30 p.m. (dinner served at 6 p.m.) at Windsor United Methodist Church, located at 12863 N.C. 242 North in Ammon. Child care provided. For information, contact Amy Munn, ministry leader, at 910-990-7661.
• I Am Inc. in conjunction with God’s Garden of Paradise Inc. will offer every month free meals and free haircuts. For more information check with Glenda’s Just Desserts and Lunch Counter located at 315 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown and Barbers Inn located at 410 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown.
• Dublin First Baptist Church Day School is now accepting registration for 2, 3 and 4 years old half-day classes. Call 910-862-2277 or 910-876-0419 for more information.
• Living Springs Church holds a Women’s Fellowship every fourth Sunday evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 909 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown.
• I Am Inc. will offer a free yard sale. Open day and night located at 900 block of Peanut Plant Road, Elizabethtown.
• A Power In The Word Ministry Bible study will take place every Thursday from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m. at your location by phone. Call 605-475-4120 and join in (ID number – 3390591#). The teacher is Sis Vivian Caviness Wiggins.