— Sandhill Missionary Baptist Church, located at 16920 Twisted Hickory Road in Bladenboro, will host a special skit for the fathers of the congregation.
— Carvers Creek AME Zion Church of Council will celebrate its annual Men’s Day and Father’s Day Service at 11 a.m., sponsored by the men’s Day Committee The morning’s guest preacher will be the Rev. Larry Neill, pastor at New Covenant Christian Faith Church Ministries of Fayetteville, who will be accompanied by the New Covenant Voices of Praise. Lunch will be served following the morning service. The public is invited.
— Greater McKoy’s Chapel, Inc., in Dublin, where Dr. Delora LeSane is the pastor, will be celebrating Father’s Day Sunday, June 17, during the 11 a.m. morning worship service. The Rev. James McKinnon, pastor of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, will be the guest preacher. Come join us as we celebrate our fathers with the love of the Lord.
— Sandhill Missionary Baptist Church, located at 16920 Twisted Hickory Road in Bladenboro, will host its annual Vacation Bible School. Teachers will be Sister Nettie Murphy, Sister Margie Godfrey and Brother Ernest Featherson.
— New Hope Missionary Baptist Church in the Lisbon Community, located at 1604 White Plains Church Road in Clarkton, will have its annual Vacation Bible School from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. nightly. Parents please join us and bring your youth of all ages.
— This summer at Game On! Vacation Bible School, Hickory Grove Baptist Church invites your kids to grab their megaphones, lace up their cleats, and tune up their instruments. As they fill up the offensive line, sideline, and drum-line, they will realize God has given them His ultimate playbook. He wants them to join His team, train hard, celebrate salvation, and encourage one another! Classes meet nightly from 6:30to 8: 45 p.m. for kids ages birth through high school. Snack supper will be provided each evening. Parents are asked to register each of their children to assure we have a T-shirt and enough materials for everyone. Registration forms are available in the church foyer. We are located at 6414 Center Road, Bladenboro. Our programs are free of charge and open to everyone. For information, call 910-876-0136.
— New Hope Missionary Baptist Church in the Lisbon Community, located at 1604 White Plains Church Road in Clarkton, will celebrate its annual Usher Anniversary at 3:30 p.m. All ushers are invited to join our celebration. Please bring your youth.
— The McKoy and Elliott families will celebrate their annual Family & Friends day at Mt. Hebron AME Zion Church, located at 4924 N.C. 211 East in Bladenboro. The Revs. Carl Ballard and Fannie Dooley will be the pastors for Sunday School at 10 a.m.; worship service is at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Florence S. Brown, presiding elder for the Clarkton District, serving as the guest speaker. Dinner will be served immediately after the service. The public is invited.
— A Curtis Jackson Steak Plate Fundraiser will held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. sponsored by Mr. James Shaw. Call 910-549-7856 or 910-872-4726 for ticket information. Plates include steak, potato, beans, dessert and drink. It will be held on the grounds of WBLA 1440 AM da Branch Radio Station, located at 512 Peanut Road in Elizabethtown. Cost is $15.
— St. John AME Zion Church will host the annual Usher Anniversary service at 3 p.m. St. James AME Zion Church’s pastor, the Rev. Ronald Miller, will be the guest speaker. Ushers are invited to participate in the grand usher march. The public is invited to attend.
— The youth/children’s choir of Mt. Oliver AME Zion Church in Elizabethtown will be celebrating their first anniversary at 3 p.m. Several youth choirs will be participating. Please come and rejoice with us in songs and praises. For further information, please contact Veronica Rigans at 910-645-6493.
— Bladen Union Baptist Church, located at 2224 Bladen Union Church Road, is planning its 160th anniversary celebration for April 2019. Anyone with stories, history, photos or memorabilia is encouraged to contact Pastor Gary Lucas at 910-474-2373.
Out of county
• LUMBERTON: Vacation Bible School will take place at Kingdom Place Ministries this Monday night through Wednesday night, June 18-20, from 6:30 until 9 p.m. for children ages 3 to 12. Kingdom Place is located at 2610 E. Fifth St. in Lumberton.
• The Baldwin Branch Missionary Baptist Church clothes closet will be open on the last Saturday of each month (November and December dates are the third Saturday) from 8 to 11 a.m. The food pantry, “From His Table to Yours,” will be open the same day from 10 a.m. to noon. Personal transportations and identifications are required. No fee is involved in either ministry. Baldwin Branch is located at 4047 N.C. 242 South in Elizabethtown.
• Celebrate Recovery, a Christ-centered 12-step recovery ministry, is held on Sunday’s from 6 to 8:30 p.m. (dinner served at 6 p.m.) at Windsor United Methodist Church, located at 12863 N.C. 242 North in Ammon. Child care provided. For information, contact Amy Munn, ministry leader, at 910-990-7661.
• I Am Inc. in conjunction with God’s Garden of Paradise Inc. will offer every month free meals and free haircuts. For more information check with Glenda’s Just Desserts and Lunch Counter located at 315 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown and Barbers Inn located at 410 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown.
• Dublin First Baptist Church Day School is now accepting registration for 2, 3 and 4 years old half-day classes. Call 910-862-2277 or 910-876-0419 for more information.
• Living Springs Church holds a Women’s Fellowship every fourth Sunday evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 909 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown.
• I Am Inc. will offer a free yard sale. Open day and night located at 900 block of Peanut Plant Road, Elizabethtown.
• A Power In The Word Ministry Bible study will take place every Thursday from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m. at your location by phone. Call 605-475-4120 and join in (ID number – 3390591#). The teacher is Sis Vivian Caviness Wiggins.