— A Curtis Jackson Steak Plate Fundraiser will held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. sponsored by Mr. James Shaw. Call 910-549-7856 or 910-872-4726 for ticket information. Plates include steak, potato, beans, dessert and drink. It will be held on the grounds of WBLA 1440 AM da Branch Radio Station, located at 512 Peanut Road in Elizabethtown. Cost is $15.
— St. John AME Zion Church will host the annual Usher Anniversary service at 3 p.m. St. James AME Zion Church’s pastor, the Rev. Ronald Miller, will be the guest speaker. Ushers are invited to participate in the grand usher march. The public is invited to attend.
— Savannah Temple AME Zion Church, located at 9907 Lisbon Road in Clarkton, will host a “Hat Fellowship Program” at 3 p.m. All are urged to wear their finest hat and join in on an afternoon of praise and worship. Guest church will be True Vine Holiness, led by Pastor Luel Campbell, along with the choir and congregation.
— First Missionary Baptist Church will be having a Prayer Breakfast at 9 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Evangelist Ollie Maultsby will be the guest speaker. If you want your soul to be uplifted, come out and share in this experience with us.
— Sandhill Missionary Baptist Church in Bladenboro will host a pastor’s Anniversary during the 11 a.m. service with the Rev. Anthony Jones and his choir and congregation from Hickory Grove Missionary MBC. Dinner will be served and, at 3:30 p.m., the Rev. Corey Lyons of First Baptist Church in Elizabethtown along with his choir and congregation will speak.
— Oak Grove Original Free Will Baptist Church, located in Bladenboro at 1423 Oak Grove Church Road, will host Vacation Bible School starting at 5:30 p.m. each night until 8:30 p.m. Supper will be provided each night. All children and adults are welcome. For information, call 910-874-0968.
— The youth/children’s choir of Mt. Oliver AME Zion Church in Elizabethtown will be celebrating their first anniversary at 3 p.m. Several youth choirs will be participating. Please come and rejoice with us in songs and praises. For further information, please contact Veronica Rigans at 910-645-6493.
— Elizabethtown Deliverance Center, located at 412-A Peanut Road in Elizabethtown, will hold a fish fry to benefit the Youth Department from noon to 4 p.m. The plates are $7 and sandwiches are $3.50 — all are welcome.
— The missionaries at Sandhill Missioneary Baptist Church of Bladenboro will sponsor a “Women’s Day”, spearheacded by Sister Margie.
— Sandhills Missionary Baptist Church in Bladenboro will celebrate April, May and June birthdays.
— Bladen Union Baptist Church, located at 2224 Bladen Union Church Road, is planning its 160th anniversary celebration for April 2019. Anyone with stories, history, photos or memorabilia is encouraged to contact Pastor Gary Lucas at 910-474-2373.
Out of county
• LUMBERTON: The Kingdom Place Praise Team will present their Patriotic Musical “Fight My Battles” on Sunday, July 1, in the 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Celebration Worship Services. Kingdom Place is located at 2610 E. Fifth St in Lumberton.
• WHITEVILLE: On July 15-19 (Sunday through Thursday) from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Victory Baptist Church in Whiteville will be conducting Vacation Bible School for children ages 4 through grade 7. The theme of this year’s Vacation Bible School is “Time Lab: Discovering that Jesus is the Same Yesterday, Today and Forever.” The lesson materials are from Answers in Genesis who have the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum in Kentucky. There will be Bible stories, songs, snow cones, games, music, crafts and lots of surprises. VBS is free, and no early registration is required. There will be interpreting for the deaf also. You will find friends and a love for children at Victory. Victory Baptist Church is located at 2012 S. Madison St. (one-half mile south of Walmart). For further information, call Pastor Gary Ledbetter at 910-642-3500.
• The Baldwin Branch Missionary Baptist Church clothes closet will be open on the last Saturday of each month (November and December dates are the third Saturday) from 8 to 11 a.m. The food pantry, “From His Table to Yours,” will be open the same day from 10 a.m. to noon. Personal transportations and identifications are required. No fee is involved in either ministry. Baldwin Branch is located at 4047 N.C. 242 South in Elizabethtown.
• Celebrate Recovery, a Christ-centered 12-step recovery ministry, is held on Sunday’s from 6 to 8:30 p.m. (dinner served at 6 p.m.) at Windsor United Methodist Church, located at 12863 N.C. 242 North in Ammon. Child care provided. For information, contact Amy Munn, ministry leader, at 910-990-7661.
• I Am Inc. in conjunction with God’s Garden of Paradise Inc. will offer every month free meals and free haircuts. For more information check with Glenda’s Just Desserts and Lunch Counter located at 315 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown and Barbers Inn located at 410 Martin Luther King Drive, Elizabethtown.
• Dublin First Baptist Church Day School is now accepting registration for 2, 3 and 4 years old half-day classes. Call 910-862-2277 or 910-876-0419 for more information.
• Living Springs Church holds a Women’s Fellowship every fourth Sunday evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 909 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown.
• I Am Inc. will offer a free yard sale. Open day and night located at 900 block of Peanut Plant Road, Elizabethtown.
• A Power In The Word Ministry Bible study will take place every Thursday from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m. at your location by phone. Call 605-475-4120 and join in (ID number – 3390591#). The teacher is Sis Vivian Caviness Wiggins.